e-MiLang aims at collecting, developing, digitising and organising information, which will cover basic everyday needs of the largest immigrant groups in Greece as well as disseminating this information electronically. It proposes to do so in a way that will support the smooth adjustment of the target groups to the Greek society and framework.
The digital content which is being developed be e-MiLang will contain the following:
- 9 bilingual dictionaries (from Greek to each of these languages: Albanian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Polish, Mandarine-Chinese, Arabic and English),
- 9 bilingual guides (Greek + each of the target languages) which will inform and support immigrants in dealing with the Greek state, among other things,
- 9 bilingual guides (Greek + each of the target languages) with information, which will help immigrants to become familiar with the general cultural and social Greek context.
This content will be made available through:
- a multilingual, multimedia website which will offer personalised and interactive digital services, including advanced search mechanisms and information retrieval systems
- an multilingual independent version of this website in the form of a DVD-ROM, which will have the contents and functionalities of the website, for users who do not have access to the internet.